Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
- Debut Carbon turntable with built-in speed control
- 12″ Acryl-IT Platter supplied
- 8.6CC carbon fibre tonearm
- Ortofon 2M Red, pre-installed
- New motor isolation system, designed by Ortofon A/S
- Cable junction box included, for easy cable upgrade
- New power supply method
- Available in Black, Red and White High-Gloss
- Lid included
The all-new Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable from Pro-Ject Audio takes the hugely successful, multi-award winning Carbon design and adds even more to the already impressive package. On top of the new 8.6CC carbon fibre tonearm, new power supply method, improved motor isolation, pre-installed Ortofon 2M Red and new cable junction box found on the standard Debut Carbon; the Esprit SB version also uses a totally new speed control principle to allow for easy changing between 33 1/3 RPM and 45RPM. The deck can also spin at 78 RPM by switching the pulley to the larger rung and setting the speed changer to ’45/78′ (Please Note: 78 RPM records require a special stylus – we recommend the 2M 78 Stylus for this turntable).
As well as being convenient, the speed control system also allows for smoother motor operation – further reducing unwanted resonances along with the improved motor isolation. The new motor isolation system utilises a wholly unique rubber compound developed exclusively by Ortofon A/S to offer dramatically reduced resonance transference from the high-quality 9V motor the turntable employs.
Another sonic benefit is found in the Esprit’s included platter upgrade. Acrylic is a an excellent playback platform, as it offers almost no resonance in the audible frequencies and negates the need for a slipmat which can sometimes cause problems.
The Debut Carbon Esprit SB is available in three stylish, high-gloss colours.
- Replacement Stylus: Ortofon 2M Red Stylus
- Pre-Fitted Cartridge: Ortofon 2M Red
- Nominal Speeds: 33/45/78 RPM
- Speed Variance: ± 0.8%
- Wow & Flutter: ± 0.1%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 68dB
- Tonearm: 8.6CC Carbon Fibre
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 6g
- Effective Tonearm Length: 8.6″ (218.5mm)
- Overhang: 18.5mm
- Power Consumption: 7.4W (<0.5W In Standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 415 x 118 x 320mm
- Weight: 4.9kg
Please Note: Printed writing on turntable from models starting with serial number 000729.
*Includes £40 of FREE vinyl from The Vinyl Adventure website