Pro-Ject Essential III Turntable
- High quality Acrylic-IT E platter
- Belt drive mechanism with silicone belt
- Low vibration synchronous motor
- Integrated motor control with DC power supply secures silent running
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
- 8.6″ aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings
- Factory fitted Ortofon OM10 cartridge
- Pre-mounted gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling
- Lid included
The Essential III boasts a series of notable improvements that elevate it well beyond the ability of its predecessor, both technically and cosmetically.
The Essential III retains the simple yet elegant frame of the Essential II. Made from high-quality MDF for its acoustically neutral character, and now wrapped in a high-gloss paint finish (available in red, white or black); the main structure combines both elegance and functionality. The plinth is then mounted on three anti-vibration feet, for effective decoupling from the surface on which the turntable is placed.
One of the most obvious changes with the new model is in the use of an upgraded Acryl-IT E platter. Also available separately, the Acryl-IT E offers an inert platform for your vinyl records to reduce the unwanted effects of resonance. Available for use with and without the supplied felt mat, the platter uses a stainless steel bearing in a bronze bushing with Teflon-lined bottom for liquid-smooth rotation. The overall sound result is an open, exciting sound that arrives at a foot-tapping tempo.
The Essential III uses the same 9V motor as its predecessor, but it’s also the first to use a new integrated grounding link that dramatically reduces electrical interference to unprecedented low levels. The motor is a premium, synchronous AC design that’s driven by a built-in signal generator, ensuring optimal speed stability and minimal resonances. The brand new aluminium pulley improves the performance and the appearance even further still.
The Essential III is pre-fitted with an 8.6” aluminium tonearm for its lightweight, rigid characteristics. The gimbal bearing assembly uses sapphire bearings to allow for smooth tracking across a record, and the supplied counterweight allows for a variety of premium pick-up cartridges to be installed. The tonearm is supplied with an Ortofon OM 10 cartridge installed. Superior to the Essential II’s OM 5E cartridge, the OM 10 uses an elliptical profile and precision micro-mechanics to deliver a nice, full soundstage with plenty of impact.
The Essential III is a significant step forward for vinyl enthusiasts on a budget. The sound and the style have been pushed to new heights, all for a price that defies belief.
- Nominal Speeds: 33 / 45 RPM (Manual)
- Speed Variance: ±0.70% (33rpm) / ±0.60% (45rpm)
- Wow & Flutter: ±0.21% (33rpm) / ±0.19% (45rpm)
- Signal-to-Noise: -66dB
- Effective Tonearm Length: 8.6″ (218.5mm)
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 8.0gr
- Overhang: 22.0mm
- Pre-Fitted Cartridge: Ortofon OM 10
- Replacement Stylus: Ortofon 10 Stylus
- Power Consumption: 4.5W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 420 x 112 x 330mm
- Weight: 5.0 kg